I just spend an hour with the claims department.
Great personal attention by the representative but
the bank makes it impossible for him to get
answers or assume responsibility. He was unable to
accomplish the following:
- Not able to explain why customer security held a check without informing us.
- Not able to explain why a bill setup on line to be paid on March 3, using Capital One bill payer, was still not received by March 16.
- Not able to get Capital One to send a note apologizing to the individual who has not received the payment.
- Not able to track what went wrong with Bill Payer without having us make a claim and stop the payment.
- We were informed that Capital One uses the US Mail and that bills may be paid 8-10 days after the due date and when the funds are deducted from our account. The advertising on the Bill Payer website is false.
We also visited a Capital One branch and they said the only thing they could do was give us the number of the claims department.… read more
Reviewed by: @rsworth