Bank of America
Bank of America Reviews
The WalletHub rating is comprised of reviews from both WalletHub users and ratings on other reputable websites. The rating was last updated on 03/23/2023.
What's Your Rating?
a Chase Sapphire Preferred card revolving at a high APR. All scores for 3 Bureaus 755+, income $100K+.
Well a few days later I get two letters, one certified and one not, but both saying the same thing - I'm a few days late, but instead of just being a reminder, it is a threat - they threaten to take legal action against me, including seizing money from my accounts at other banks and repossessing the vehicle - all for being less than a week late on a payment their site didn't tell me I owed. Up until this point, I had never been late on a payment either, the repossession threat was their first step - what does that say about a bank when that is the first action they take for a first time offense, even if it was my fault that it happened?
This was insulting and infuriating and treating people like this is not okay. I will be refinancing this to remove it from their service as soon as possible because I cannot trust their payment system any longer.
Bank of America Offers
Bank of America Q&A(1220 questions)
- Most Popular
- Most Upvotes
What is the Bank of America credit card customer service phone number?
The Bank of America credit card customer service phone number is (800) 732-9194. To speak with a live Bank of America credit card customer service representative, enter the last four digits of your SSN or account number, then press 0 to skip the intro menu, and say “Service” when asked to describe your reason for calling. Say “Service” again if asked twice, then press “4,” and you'll get to a live person.
The standard menu options when calling Bank of America credit card customer service are:
- 1 for fee-related questions
- 2 for disputing charges
- 3 for reporting suspicious account activity
- 4 for all other inquiries
If you don't press anything after entering your account info, the automated system will list the most recent payment received, balance activity, available credit for purchases and cash advances, and rewards balance. fers for new credit cards or balance transfers will be listed as well. Press 0 at any time to skip this info.
Live customer service is available 24/7 for lost or stolen credit cards. Automated customer service is available 24/7 for existing Bank of America credit card accounts.
Bank of America credit card customer service number and more:
- Live Customer Service: (800) 732-9194. After entering your account info, press 0 and say “Service” when prompted to describe your reason for calling. You might be asked a second time—just say “Service” again and another menu will be prompted. Press 4 for “all other inquiries.”
- Automated Customer Service: (800) 732-9194. Enter last 4 digits of SSN or account number. The menu will automatically list recent payment info, balance, available credit, rewards balance and more. Press 0 at any time to skip.
- In-Person Credit Card Support: Schedule an in-person appointment online by logging in to your account and selecting “Schedule an appointment” on the right side under “Activity Center.” Choose the bank branch, date, time, and discussion topic.
- Secure Message Center: Log in to your account online and select “Help & Support.” Then click “Contact Us” and select the topic you wish to discuss. If email is an option, you can select the “Email” button and receive a response within 2 days.
- Lost or Stolen Credit Card: (800) 732-9194. Say “lost or stolen credit card” when prompted to describe your reason for calling. The most recent charges will be listed so you can confirm which are valid. You'll be transferred to a live representative to reissue your card or close the account.
- Fraudulent Charges on Credit Card: (800) 432-1000. Call if you suspect fraudulent activity on your credit card account.
- Customer Service on Social Media: You can send them a direct message using @BofA_Help on Twitter. Or, select the “Send Message” button on their FB page. Hours are 8am-9pm M-F, 8am-8pm Sat, and 8am-5pm Sun (ET). Just don't include your SSN or account number.
- Credit Card Activation: (800) 276-9939. You'll be asked to say or enter your account number, SSN, zip code, or the phone number connected with your account.
As you can see, there are several ways to get in touch with Bank of America for credit card customer service. You can also access FAQs through BofA's mobile app. And BofA tends to score high in customer satisfaction, so it's likely you'll have a positive experience.
How do I check my Bank of America credit card status?
You can check your Bank of America credit card status either online or over the phone, by calling customer service at (866) 422-8089.
In order to see whether your application is approved, denied or still pending, you'll need to give some basic personal information like your zip code and the last four digits of your Social Security number. This ensures that Bank of America can match you to your application. You can check your application status as often as you like, as it's free and quick.
How to check your Bank of America credit card status online:
- Go to Bank of America's application status page.
- Enter your last name, date of birth, last four digits of your Social Security number and zip code.
- Click “Submit.”
You'll now be able to see any applications you've submitted and whether they have been approved or denied yet. If your application is still pending, don't worry. It may take up to 30 days from when you submitted your application to receive a decision. If you are approved, you can expect your card in 7-10 business days. But if you're denied and think you can justify why you should be approved, you can call customer service and ask for reconsideration.
How do I set a Bank of America travel notice?
You can set a Bank of America travel notice online, in the Bank of America app, or over the phone at (800) 432-1000. Although Bank of America allows you to set an online notice, it doesn't require you to do so. You only have to make sure your bank has your email address and mobile phone number so you can be reached while you're traveling, if suspicious activity is detected.
Here's how to set a Bank of America travel notice:
- Log in to your Bank of America online account.
- Click on the “Help & Support” tab.
- Click “Set Travel Notice.”
- Enter your destinations and travel dates.
- Select which BofA cards you will be taking.
- Provide a contact phone number and any additional details you want to mention.
- Submit your notice.
If you'd rather submit your travel notice through the Bank of America app, you can find the option under the card settings menu. If calling is more convenient for you, you can dial (800) 432-1000, enter your card number, and then tell the representative you'd like to set a travel notice. This also happens to be the number you should call if you forget to set a travel notice and BofA puts a hold on your account.
How can I log into my Spirit Credit Card account?
You can log into your Free Spirit Airlines Credit Card account online. Enter your username and password, then click on “Log in”. If you don't have an account yet, you'll need to register your card first by clicking on “Enroll”. You can also log in to your account through the issuer's mobile app.
Having 24/7 access to your online banking account is convenient because it offers you a chance to:
- Pay bills or schedule payments
- View your transactions
- Review your statements
- Edit your account information
- Contact customer service
If you forget your login information, click “Forgot ID/Password” on the login page. Then, just follow the prompts to reset or retrieve your login credentials.
Are there any good Bank of America credit card promotions right now?
The best Bank of America credit card promotion is the Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card's initial bonus of 50,000 points for spending $3,000 in the first 90 days. This card also offers a credit statement of up to a $100 for the TSA PreCheck/Global Entry application fee.
Some of the Best Bank of America Credit Card Promotions
The Bank of America Premium Rewards credit card offers 50,000 points for spending $3,000 in the first 90 days. Plus you can earn 2 points per $1 spent on travel and dining, and 1.5 points per $1 on all other purchases. The card also gives a credit of up to $100 every four years to cover the application fee for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck. In addition, you can receive an airline incidental credit statement every year of up to $100.
The card's annual fee is $95 and you need excellent credit for approval.
The Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards credit card offers $200 for spending $1,000 in the first 90 days. Plus you can earn 3% cash back in a category of your choice and 2% back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs (up to $2,500 spent quarterly), plus unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
It also has a $0 annual fee and gives intro APRs of 0% for 18 billing cycles on purchases and 0% for 18 billing cycles for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After that, you will be charged interest at the card's regular APR. The balance transfer fee is 3%.
Note that you need excellent credit to get approved for this card.
The Bank of America Travel Rewards credit card offers 25,000 points for spending $1,000 in the first 90 days. Plus you can earn 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases. Plus, this card offers an intro APR of 0% for 18 billing cycles on both purchases and balance transfers. After that, you will be charged interest at the card's regular APR. Balance transfers are subject to a fee of 3%.
The card's annual fee is $0 and you need excellent credit for approval.
If you're looking for a Bank of America credit card promotion for financing, the BankAmericard® credit card will give you 0% intro APR on purchases for 21 billing cycles and balance transfers for 21 billing cycles for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After that, you will be charged interest at the card's regular APR. Balance transfers are subject to a fee of 3%.
The card's annual fee is $0 and you need excellent credit for approval.
The Bank of America Cash Rewards for Students offers $200 for spending $1,000 in the first 90 days. Plus you can earn 1 - 3% cash back on purchases. Plus, this card offers an intro APR of 0% for 18 months on both purchases and balance transfers. After that, you will be charged interest at the card's regular APR. Balance transfers are subject to a fee of 3%.
The card's annual fee is $0. People with limited credit history can get approved for this card.
Alternative Credit Card Option for Bad Credit
If you have bad credit, there's still a Bank of America credit card for you. You can get the Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Secured Credit Card, which has a $0 annual fee. You make a security deposit of $200 and receive a credit line equal to that amount.
This card offers 3% cash back in a category of your choice, 2% back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs (up to $2,500 spent quarterly in the 3% and 2% categories combined), and 1% back on all other purchases.