You can easily check for Capital One pre-approval online. To start, enter your name, date of birth, Social Security number and address. Then, tell Capital One what kind of card you're looking for and click “See Your Card Offers.” Capital One will then show you which of their cards you seem to be a good fit for, based on a soft pull of your credit. The process should take minutes at most, and it won't affect your credit score.
You may also receive a Capital One pre approval offer by mail. In that case, all you have to do is enter the “Reservation Number” and “Access Code” here to get to the card's application. The application will be flagged as pre-approved when Capital One reviews it.
If you don't have an offer yet, don't worry. Checking online is quick and easy. Just remember that pre-approval doesn't mean guaranteed approval. It is about as close as you can get, though, considering that most people who are pre-approved get approved when they officially apply.
Here's how to check for Capital One pre approval online:
- Go to the Capital One pre approval page.
- Enter your name, date of birth, Social Security number and address.
- Select the type of card that appeals to you most: travel rewards, cash back or low interest (or select “not sure”).
- Rate your credit level: excellent, average or rebuilding.
- Check the box that indicates you know you're not submitting an actual credit card application.
- Click “See Your Card Offers”.
After a few seconds, you should see the Capital One credit cards that you're pre-approved for, if any. And you'll be able to apply for one of them right away, if you wish. Capital One offers credit cards to people of all credit levels. So the odds are good that you'll come away with at least one Capital One pre-approved credit card offer.