There's always a chance to get Walmart Credit Card instant approval when you apply online or in-store. If you're instantly approved for either this card or the Walmart® Store Card, you can use your card to make Walmart purchases right away.
Just keep in mind that Walmart Credit Card instant approval is never guaranteed. Usually, credit card applicants are instantly approved when they exceed a card's requirements rather than merely meeting them. In some cases, the issuer will have to take a longer look at your application to see if you qualify or not.
How to get Walmart Credit Card instant approval:
- Meet the basic requirements. You must apply online or in-store, be 18+ years old, and have a physical U.S. mailing address and a Social Security number.
- Check your credit score. Make sure your credit score is at least 640. Otherwise, your chances of instant approval will be slim.
- Review your credit reports. Dispute any errors so they won't hold you back from instant approval. And if you have a freeze on your credit report, temporarily lift it before you apply. Otherwise, the issuer won't be able to check your credit and approve you instantly. The issuer may pull from TransUnion, Equifax or Experian.
- Apply in-store. There are two places to fill out an application in a Walmart: at the register or at the jewelry counter. If you're approved after the issuer runs your credit, you'll receive a temporary card on the spot, which you can use in-store that day.
- Apply online. You can apply for a Walmart Credit Card online and get instantly approved. In that case, you'll get a temporary card number that you can use to make purchases right away.
Walmart Credit Card applications are typically approved or denied instantly, or later the same day. But if you don't get instant approval, it could take another week or two to hear back.
For example, your application might get flagged as fraudulent. Or, the issuer might need more time to verify your information. If that happens, you should call the application status line to get it sorted out as soon as possible. Once you're approved, it'll take 7-10 business days to receive your card in the mail.