First Access Card
First Access Card Reviews
What's Your Rating?
First Access Card Offers
First Access Card Q&A(95 questions)
- Most Popular
- Most Upvotes
How do I apply for the First Access credit card?
To apply for the First Access Visa® Card, fill out the application online by clicking on the “Apply Now” button. There is no way to apply over the phone or in person.
Here's what you should know before applying for the First Access Card:
- Credit score requirements: The First Access Card is designed for people with less-than-perfect credit, so people with bad credit can be accepted.
- Other approval requirements: To apply for the First Access Card, you need to be at least 18 years old. Plus, you will need to have a checking or savings account.
- Information required: You'll need to provide your full name, home address, phone number, email address, Social Security number, and other personal information.
- Approval Time: Once you submit your First Access Card application, you will likely get a decision within 60 seconds. If you don't get an immediate decision, you can check the status of your application online or over the phone at (888) 267-7980.
Ultimately, it is worth noting that approved applicants will need to pay a Program Fee of $95 to open the account. Plus, the card has an annual fee of $75 for the first year and $48 per year after that. On top of that, after the first year, cardholders pay $8.25 per month just to keep the account open.
It's wise to take these fees into consideration before applying for this card. There are far cheaper credit cards for bad credit out there that will build your credit. For example, secured credit cards usually come with no maintenance fees at all. And since the security deposit is completely refundable, using a secured card to build credit might be a lot cheaper in the long run.
Does the First Access Credit Card give credit increases?
Yes, the First Access Visa® Card does give credit limit increases if your account has been open for at least 12 months. First Access may offer an increase after the first year if your account is in good standing, or you can request a higher credit line by calling (888) 267-7980.
Key Things to Know about Getting a First Access Card Credit Limit Increase
- You can only request a credit limit increase after you've had the card for at least 12 months.
- First Access may offer a credit limit increase after the first year, if your account is in good standing.
- The credit limit increase will not take effect automatically. You must first accept the offer and agree to pay a credit limit increase fee.
- The First Access Card credit limit increase fee is equal to 20% of the increase amount. For example, if your credit limit is increased by $100, you will be charged a $20 fee, which will leave you with $80 in additional available credit on your account. Once you accept a credit limit increase offer, the fee is added to your total balance.
To improve your chances of getting a higher credit line for the First Access Card, make on-time payments and keep your balance well under your current spending limit. For more tips, check out WalletHub's guide on how to increase your credit limit.
What is the First Access Credit Card customer service number?
The First Access Card customer service number is (888) 267-7980. Alternatively, you can send your inquiries by physical mail or e-mail at [email protected].
How to reach the First Access Card customer service:
- By Phone: Call (888) 267-7980
- Via email: Send your inquiries at [email protected].
- By mail: Send your inquiries via mail at the following address:
First Access Card
PO Box 89028
Sioux Falls, SD 57109-9028
Although you can't contact customer service through your online account, you can still see your First Access Card account details and make payments. If you need to make a payment for the card's one-time $95 program fee, you can do so on the First Access Card dedicated web page.
How can I pay my First Access card processing fee?
You will need to enter your application ID which was sent to you by email, and your date of birth to proceed with the payment.
If you can't find your application ID, click on "Search by Email" and enter your email address which you applied with.
How can I request a PIN number for my First Access Visa card?
To get a First Access Card PIN, call the number on the back of the First Access Card and ask customer service for a PIN.
Best Way to Get a First Access Card PIN
- Call customer service at 1-888-267-7980 or call the number on the back of your First Access Card.
- Inform the representative that you want a credit card PIN.
- Receive the PIN in the mail, over text, or by email. It's unlikely that First Access Card customer service will be able to provide a PIN over the phone.
If your credit card had a PIN in the past, but you've forgotten or misplaced it, they may tell you to look for the PIN before they generate a new one. It may be listed in credit card-related mailings or your online account. And if you need a PIN for a cash advance, it's important to note that cash advances have high fees and interest rates, so you'll generally want to avoid them whenever possible.