First PREMIER Bank
First PREMIER Bank is a South Dakota-based financial industry leader with a solid national reputation and deep, South Dakota-proud roots. The bank provides a wide array of financial services on a local, regional and national level, from banking to finance, investment and wealth management, to treasury and trust management services.
As a dynamic and... show more
First PREMIER Bank Reviews
The WalletHub rating is comprised of reviews from both WalletHub users and ratings on other reputable websites. The rating was last updated on 06/05/2023.
What's Your Rating?
% and you don't get your limit raised when you should
Hours late on my payment. Because my dad is dying in the hospital. Aggressive collector calls me yelling that I have to make payments now. Fees are ridiculous too. 2 cards. 2 different late fees. $28 and $36. Weird.
First PREMIER Bank Offers
First PREMIER Bank Q&A(272 questions)
- Most Popular
- Most Upvotes
How do I apply for a First Premier Bank credit card?
To apply for a First Premier Bank credit card, fill out an application on the First Premier Bank website. If you received an invitation to apply for a First Premier credit card in the mail, you'll be able to enter your confirmation number online under “Accept Mail Offer.” Otherwise, click “Apply Now.” Unfortunately, you can't apply over the phone.
How to apply for a First Premier Bank credit card:
- Visit the First Premier Bankcard website.
- If you received an invitation to apply, simply click "Accept Mail Offer" and enter your confirmation number.
- To apply without an invitation, visit the First Premier Bank's credit card comparison web page and click "Apply Now" under the credit card offer you'd like to apply for.
- Fill out the application form with your personal information (such as your full name, address, date of birth, SSN, email address, income, and employer information).
- Review the completed information and check the box to consent to receive communications and confirm that you read and understood all disclosures.
- Finally, click "Submit Application" at the bottom of the page.
After you send your application, you'll get a hard pull on your credit report. You may get a decision in as little as 60 seconds, but it could take up to 10 business days if your application requires further review.
First Premier Bank credit cards are mostly designed for people with damaged credit. But that doesn't mean everyone who applies will get approved. If you haven't received a decision 48 hours after you apply, you can call First Premier Bank at (877) 383-4802 to check the status of your First Premier credit card application.
If you're not tied to First Premier Bank and are looking for a credit card to help you rebuild credit, feel free to also take a look at our editors' picks for some of the best credit cards for bad credit.
How do I make a First PREMIER Bank credit card payment?
You can make a First PREMIER Bank credit card payment online, by phone, through the First PREMIER Bank mobile app, by mail or at a branch. To pay a First PREMIER Bank credit card bill online, log in to your online account and find the payment button. Then, choose how much to pay, when to pay it, and where the payment is coming from. First PREMIER Bank does not allow cardholders to set up automatic payments, too.
Ways to Make a First PREMIER Bank Credit Card Payment
- By phone: Call 1-800-987-5521 and enter your card information when prompted.
- Online: Log in to your online account and find the payment button.
- Through the mobile app: Log in to your account and select your card, then tap the payment button.
- By mail: Send a check or money order (but not cash) to
First PREMIER Bank
PO Box 1348
Sioux Falls, SD 57101-1348.
Make sure to send it early enough that it will arrive by the due date. Write your credit card number on the check, too.
- At a branch: You can make a payment at any First PREMIER Bank branch during normal business hours.
How can I check my First Premier credit card application status?
You can check your First PREMIER Bank credit card application status by calling 1-800-987-5521. When you call, you'll need to provide your Social Security number so that First PREMIER Bank can match you to your application. You cannot check your First PREMIER Bank application status online.
How to Check Your First PREMIER Bank Credit Card Application Status
- Call 1-800-987-5521.
- Follow the prompts that lead to an application status check, or connect with a representative and tell them you'd like to check your application status.
- Give your Social Security number when asked.
- Listen for the automated voice or customer service rep to tell you if your application is pending, approved, or denied.
Typically, you'll receive a decision on your First PREMIER Bank credit card application within minutes. And many applicants are approved much sooner than that. If you haven't heard back within a reasonable time frame, you can always call customer service to ask about the delay.
You may not like what you learn when you check your application status. But those who get denied can still ask First PREMIER Bank to reconsider by calling 1-800-987-5521.
How can I log in to my First PREMIER Bank account online?
To log in to your First PREMIER Bank credit card account, go to the login page on the First PREMIER Bank website or mobile app and enter your username and password in the appropriate fields. Then, click the “Sign In” to access your online account. If you don't already have an account, you will need to start by clicking “ENROLL” in order to set up a username and password.
How to Log in to a First PREMIER Bank Credit Card Account
- Register your First PREMIER Bank credit card for online account access. Click “ENROLL” and enter your Social Security number and credit card number to verify your credit card account.
- Choose your First PREMIER Bank card username and password. The username must be 8 to 32 characters long and contain no special characters or spaces. The password must contain 8 to 64 characters and have both upper and lower case letters, and a number or special character.
- Log in with your new First PREMIER Bank credentials. From the login page on the First PREMIER Bank website or mobile app, fill out the Username and Password fields using your new credentials, then click “Sign In” to access your account.
After you have signed up and logged in, you'll be able to manage your First PREMIER Bank credit card account online. You can pay your credit card bill, see credit card statements, monitor account activity, and change account information such as passwords and automatic payments.
If you forget your login information, click “Forgot Username/Password” on the First PREMIER Bank login page. Then, just follow the prompts to reset or retrieve your username or password.
How can I pay my First Premier credit card processing fee?
You can pay your $55 - $95 First Premier credit card processing fee online. To do so, go to the application page and follow the instructions on the online application form. You can also arrange a payment over the phone at (800) 987-5521. Keep in mind that you are required to pay the program fee in order to open your First Premier credit card account.
Things to know about the First Premier credit card processing fee:
- There are multiple ways to pay the processing fee, including a checking account, debit card, or another credit card.
- You can pay the processing fee in full or with partial payments.
- Your First Premier credit card account will not be opened until you pay the processing fee.
- The fee must be paid in full within 85 days from the date of approval to avoid application withdrawal.
In addition to the one-time $55 - $95 processing fee, most First Premier credit cards charge a $50 - $125 annual fee the first year and a $45 - $49 annual fee each year after that. Also, you'll pay a monthly fee of $0 - $8 1st yr, $6.25 - $10.4 after. That's a total cost of at least $170 the first year and $120+ per year after that.