Yes, Heacock offers classic car insurance. Classic car insurance from Heacock is a specialty type of coverage designed for vehicles like classics and antiques, typically at least 25 years old, that are not used for daily driving or commuting.
Because classic cars are on the road less than normal vehicles, classic car insurance is cheaper than typical policies, costing an average of $400 to $1,000 per year depending on the vehicle. Heacock claims their policies can be up to 40% less than standard car insurance.
Heacock Classic Car Insurance Eligibility Requirements
- There are no defined age requirements, but the vehicle must have some sort of collector, antique, or classic value.
- Vehicles must be kept in a fully enclosed, locked, and private garage to be eligible for coverage.
- Covered vehicles may only be driven a limited number of miles per year and can only be used for things like shows, hobby activities, or occasional pleasure drives. Additionally, the vehicle should never be used as a backup for a daily-use car or for commuting or errands, and it may only be driven by experienced drivers.
- All drivers on the policy must be at least 25 years of age and anyone under the age of 25 in the household must be explicitly excluded from the policy. Additionally, all members of the household must have a good driving history.
- The owner of the car must have a personal auto insurance policy listing them as the named insured on a vehicle owned and registered in the same state as the collector vehicle, and all members of the household must have a separate vehicle for daily use.
Types of Vehicles Eligible for Heacock Classic Car Insurance
- Muscle cars and hot rods
- Exotics and sports cars
- Race cars (subject to approval)
Vehicles that are used as a back-up vehicle or for daily use are generally not eligible for car insurance from Heacock due to how they are used or because they have an increased risk associated with them.
To learn more, check out WalletHub's guide to classic car insurance and see Heacock's profile for more details.