At Merrick Bank, they thrive off the diversity of their employees, clients and communities to help them build a stronger and safe environment for all. Their mission is to make a positive difference in the lives of their customers, their employees, and their community.
Founded in 1997, Merrick Bank is FDIC insured and recognized... show more
Merrick Bank Reviews
The WalletHub rating is comprised of reviews from both WalletHub users and ratings on other reputable websites. The rating was last updated on 03/22/2023.
What's Your Rating?
Long hold times, nobody knows how to fix issues. Card gets fraud alert when you use it, but can't get someone to release it. No texts sent for fraud alert.
Hard to understand customer service people. The company needs a lot of work.
Merrick Bank Offers
Merrick Bank Q&A(127 questions)
- Most Popular
- Most Upvotes
How can I log in to my Merrick Bank account online?
To log in to your Merrick Bank credit card account, go to the login page on the Merrick Bank website or mobile app and enter your username and password in the appropriate fields. Then, click the “log in” to access your online account. If you don't already have an account, you will need to start by clicking “Not enrolled? Signup now.” in order to set up a username and password.
How to Log in to a Merrick Bank Credit Card Account
- Register your Merrick Bank credit card for online account access. Click “Not enrolled? Signup now.” and enter your account number, date of birth, and Social Security number to verify your credit card account.
- Create your Merrick Bank card username and password. To create a strong password, use at least 12 characters and include a combination of upper and lower case letters, and numbers.
- Log in with your new Merrick Bank credentials. From the login page on the Merrick Bank website or mobile app, fill out the Username and Password fields using your new credentials, then click “log in” to access your account.
After you have signed up and logged in, you'll be able to manage your Merrick Bank credit card account online. You can pay your credit card bill, see credit card statements, monitor account activity, and change account information such as passwords and automatic payments.
If you forget your login information, click “Forgot username or password?” on the Merrick Bank login page. Then, just follow the prompts to reset or retrieve your username or password.
How can I pay my Merrick Bank credit card?
The easiest way you can pay your Merrick Bank credit card is online, either through the Cardholder Center, or by using the goMobile app. Alternatively you can make a credit card payment by phone at (800) 204-5936, via mail or through a money services.
Here's how you can pay your Merrick Bank credit card:
- Online: You can make a credit card payment online, by logging in to your Cardholder Center account.
- Mobile app: Merrick Bank credit card payments can also be made through the goMobile app for iOS and Android.
- Phone: You can also make a credit card payment over the phone at (800) 204-5936. You will have the option to either speak with an agent or use the automated system.
- Mail: For a regular mail, the address is:
P.O. Box 660702
Dallas, TX 75266-0702
Overnight mail payment
Attn: Lockbox Operations #660702
2701 East Grauwyler Road, BLDG 1
Irving, TX 75061
- Money services: Lastly, you can visit your nearby money services counter at retail locations (such as Walmart, Kroger or others). You may use MoneyGram, Western Union or other forms of electronic payments with cash to send your payment.
Keep in mind that paying your credit card via regular mail takes the longest to process of all the available payment methods. So, make sure to always send your payment at least 5-7 days before your due date.
Ultimately, it is also worth noting that you can even set up recurring or one-time payments in the Cardholder Center, if you choose to.
Does Merrick Bank have pre-approval?
Merrick Bank has pre-approval, but it only extends pre-approved offers via mail or e-mail, or to existing customers through their online account. Merrick Bank does not have an online tool that interested consumers can use to check their pre-approval status. And unlike online pre-approvals that may return results for multiple cards with the highest odds of approval, Merrick Bank's mailed or e-mailed pre-approval offers will be for one specific credit card.
If you wish to respond to a Merrick Bank pre-approved offer received by mail or e-mail, visit the website listed in your offer and enter the enclosed invitation code. This allows Merrick Bank to flag the application as pre-approved.
Merrick Bank pre-approval doesn't guarantee that you'll be approved for a card, but it does indicate that your chances of getting approved are very high if you apply. Pre-approvals do not affect your credit score, as they're done using a soft “pull,” or inquiry. But if you decide to apply for the card, Merrick Bank will conduct a hard inquiry, which will lead to a slight, but temporary decrease in your credit score.
How long does it take to get a Merrick Bank credit card in the mail?
Once you're approved for a Merrick Bank credit card, it should take up to 2 weeks to arrive by mail. However, keep in mind that the application process might take up to 2 weeks as well.
If you're not tied to Merrick Bank as an issuer, you should consider applying for an instant approval credit card that you can use right away. This way, you'll get an instant decision and you don't need to wait for the physical card to arrive to make purchases.
How can I get a Merrick Bank cash advance?
You can get a Merrick Bank cash advance at any ATM. To do so, just insert your card, then enter your PIN and choose the cash advance option. After that, enter the amount you want to withdraw and acknowledge the fee disclosure to receive the cash advance.
What you should know about Merrick Bank cash advances:
- Cash advances come with high APRs: Depending on the card and your overall creditworthiness, the cash advance APR can be as low as 26.95% (V) or as high as 28.70% - 34.95% (V). There's no grace period on a cash advance so interest starts accruing right away.
- There is a cash advance fee: The fee for a cash advance is 4% (min $10). This is on top of any fees an ATM owner may charge.
- Cash advances require a PIN: To use a Merrick Bank credit card for cash advances at an ATM, you will need a PIN. If you didn't create a PIN when you applied for the card, you can request one by calling customer service at (800) 204-5936.
Ultimately, keep in mind that cash advances are really expensive. So, it would be best to avoid using your Merrick Bank credit card for cash advances, unless absolutely necessary.