2023 Mariner Finance Personal Loan Review
Mariner Finance personal loans provide $1,000 - $25,000 in funding to borrowers in 24 states. But due to high costs, only people with bad credit should consider a loan from Mariner Finance.
The APRs for Mariner Finance loans start at 18.99% and can be as high as 35.99%. The minimum is extremely high, considering that most lenders offer the possibility of a rate below 10%. However, Mariner Finance’s maximum APR is in line with what other lenders charge. That’s why the only ones who should apply for Mariner Finance loans are people with bad credit who are likely to get an APR near the maximum no matter which major personal loan provider they pick.
Mariner Finance offers secured loans in addition to their unsecured personal loans. Borrowers can use a vehicle as collateral, and may be able to use other types of personal property after discussion with their local branch. It’s possible to get a lower APR or a higher loan amount as a result of securing your loan.
Mariner Finance Review Highlights:
- Mariner Finance loan rates: 18.99% - 35.99%
- Loan amounts: $1,000 - $25,000
- Payoff periods: 12 - 60 months
- Origination fee: $0
- Late fee: Varies by state
- Funding timeline: As soon as 3 to 4 days
- Co-signers allowed: Yes
- How to pre-qualify: Check your status on Mariner Finance’s website.
- Customer satisfaction: Mariner Finance has an A+ BBB rating and an average user rating of 3.7/5 on WalletHub.
- Mariner Finance loan requirements: Applicants must be 18+ years old and a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or immigration-visa holder with an SSN. Applicants also need to live in one of the 24 states Mariner Finance services and provide a government-issued photo ID as well as proof of income.
Mariner Finance personal loans will only benefit people with bad credit. And even prospective borrowers with poor credit will probably be better off applying with one of the major lenders that operate nationally. Below, you can see how WalletHub rates Mariner Finance in our three key categories: Terms, Requirements & Application, and Reviews & Transparency.
Mariner Finance Ratings by Category:
|Requirements & Application||4.3/5|
|Reviews & Transparency||2.3/5|
These scores reflect how close a loan offer is to WalletHub’s definition of a 5-star loan. For more information, please read WalletHub’s full methodology.