The Bank of America credit card customer service phone number is 1-800-732-9194. To speak with a live Bank of America credit card customer service representative, enter the last four digits of your SSN or account number, then press 0 to skip the intro menu, and say “Service” when asked to describe your reason for calling. Say “Service” again if asked twice, then press “4,” and you’ll get to a live person.
The standard menu options when calling Bank of America credit card customer service are 1 for fee-related questions, 2 for disputing charges, 3 for reporting suspicious account activity, and 4 for all other inquiries. If you don’t press anything after entering your account info, the automated system will list the most recent payment received, balance activity, available credit for purchases and cash advances, and rewards balance. Offers for new credit cards or balance transfers will be listed as well. Press 0 at any time to skip this info.
Live customer service is available 24/7 for lost or stolen credit cards. Automated customer service is available 24/7 for existing Bank of America credit card accounts.
Bank of America credit card customer service number and more:
Live Customer Service: 1-800-732-9194. After entering your account info, press 0 and say “Service” when prompted to describe your reason for calling. You might be asked a second time—just say “Service” again and another menu will be prompted. Press 4 for “all other inquiries.”
Automated Customer Service: 1-800-732-9194. Enter last 4 digits of SSN or account number. The menu will automatically list recent payment info, balance, available credit, rewards balance and more. Press 0 at any time to skip.
- In-Person Credit Card Support: Schedule an in-person appointment online by logging into your account and selecting “Schedule an appointment” on the right side under “Activity Center.” Choose the bank branch, date, time, and discussion topic.
Secure Message Center: Log in to your account online and select “Help & Support.” Then click “Contact Us” and select the topic you wish to discuss. If email is an option, you can select the “Email” button and receive a response within 2 days.
- Lost or Stolen Credit Card: 1-800-732-9194. Say “lost or stolen credit card” when prompted to describe your reason for calling. The most recent charges will be listed so you can confirm which are valid. You’ll be transferred to a live representative to reissue your card or close the account.
- Fraudulent Charges on Credit Card: 1-800-432-1000. Call if you suspect fraudulent activity on your credit card account.
- Customer Service on Social Media: You can send them a direct message using @BofA_Help on Twitter. Or, select the “Send Message” button on their FB page. Hours are 8am-9pm M-F, 8am-8pm Sat, and 8am-5pm Sun (ET). Just don’t include your SSN or account number.
- Credit Card Activation: 1-800-276-9939. You’ll be asked to say or enter your account number, SSN, zip code, or the phone number connected with your account.
As you can see, there are several ways to get in touch with Bank of America for credit card customer service. You can also access FAQs through BofA’s mobile app. And BofA tends to score high in customer satisfaction, so it’s likely you’ll have a positive experience.