It is also important not to confuse money market accounts, which are insured bank products, with money market mutual funds, which are investment products and are not FDIC insured. In the Expert’s Answers section below, you can learn more about money market accounts and money market rates and how to tell whether they are the right investment for you.
- General Consumer
- Business Owner
- College Student
Discover Bank Online Savings Account
- No Fees. Period. That means you won't be charged an account fee on Discover Bank Online Savings Account. This includes Excessive Withdrawal Fee, Stop Payment Order and Insufficient Funds Fee.
Discover Bank Money Market Account
- No. Fees. Period. That means you won't be charged an account fee on Discover Bank Money Market Account. This Includes Minimum Balance Fees, Excessive Withdrawal Fee, Stop Payment Order, and Insufficient Funds.
- No-fee withdrawals at over 60,000 ATM locations with your debit card
- 3.50% APY for balances under $100,000 and 3.55% APY for balances $100,000 and over
Axos Bank High Yield Savings Account
- No monthly maintenance fees
- No minimum balance requirements
- $250 minimum opening deposit
- Free Incoming Wires
- Zero Minimum Balance Requirement
Nationwide My Savings
- Earn up to 0.30% APY.
- To qualify for the 0.30% APY you must open your new My Checking account and have a monthly Direct Deposit totaling at least $1,000 from a third party to your My Checking account. You will automatically receive the 0.30% APY upon meeting account requirements.
- No minimum balance requirements.
- Complimentary suite of digital banking tools.
Axos Bank High Yield Money Market Account
- Earn 0.25% APY.
- No monthly maintenance fees.
- Check writing privileges.
- Debit card transactions.
Nationwide Money Market Plus
- You can earn up to 0.25% APY.
- Complimentary starter checks.
- Up to $10.00 Domestic ATM Fees Reimbursed per month.
First Foundation Bank Online Savings Account
- $1000 to open, $0.01 balance required for earning 4.50% APY.
- FDIC insured.
Popular Direct High-Rise Savings
- Competitive rates as high as 4.40% APY
- $5 For each additional debit exceeding the legal limit of 6 transfers or withdrawals on a statement cycle (of at least 4 weeks).
- Deposits only permitted through an External Account, internal transfers from other Popular Direct accounts, ACH or via Mobile Check Deposit through the Popular Direct mobile app.
MySavingsDirect MySavings Account
- No Fees. No Minimums.
- No need to change your checking account. Your MySavings Account™ will be linked to your current checking account.
- In order to establish a MySavings Account, you must be at least 18 years of age, a U.S. citizen or a Resident Alien with a valid social security number and have a residential address in the United States.
Primis Savings Account
- A straight-forward interest rate: 4.27% with an annual percentage yield (APY*) of 4.35%.
- Only $1 needed to open.
- Free services, like incoming wires.
- No transaction limits.
- This account is only available online.