There is no Regions student credit card. Regions Bank does not offer any credit cards for people with limited or no credit – student or otherwise. All five Regions Bank credit cards require excellent credit for approval. There was a Regions student credit card in the past, but it was discontinued some time between November 2017 and November 2018. It offered 1 point per $1 on purchases and a 0% APR on balance transfers for 7 months. It had a $0 annual fee.
Students can also get access to Regions Bank credit cards by becoming an authorized user. When you're an authorized user on someone else's Regions Bank card, you'll be able to take advantage of all the card has to offer while you establish your credit. You share a credit line with the main cardholder, and they are the one responsible for paying.
Even though you can't get a Regions student credit card, you can apply for one of the best student credit cards on the market, including the Discover it Student and Discover it Student chrome cards. Both offer cash back rewards and introductory APRs that rival many non-student credit cards that require better credit.
With no Regions student credit card available, you may want to look at secured cards, too. These cards are designed specifically for people with limited to bad credit, and your odds of approval are high because you'll provide a refundable security deposit as collateral for the account. Discover has one of the best secured cards available. Others worth considering are the Secured Mastercards offered by Citi and Capital One.
Here are some alternatives to a Regions student credit card:
- Capital One Journey Student Rewards: $0 annual fee. Earn 1% cash back on all purchases. Rate increases to 1.25% for each month you pay your bill on time.
- Discover it Student Chrome: $0 annual fee. 2% cash back at gas stations and restaurants, up to $1,000 spent each quarter. 1% back on all other purchases. First year's cash back matched. $20 statement credit for a 3.0+ GPA each school year. 0% APR on purchases for 6 months.
- Discover it Student Cash Back: $0 annual fee. 5% cash back on up to $1,500 spent per quarter in spending categories that rotate. 1% back on all other purchases. First year's cash back matched. $20 statement credit for a 3.0+ GPA each school year. 0% APR on purchases for 6 months.
- Capital One Secured Mastercard: $0 annual fee. $200 minimum initial credit limit with security deposit of $49, $99 or $200, based on creditworthiness. $1,000 maximum deposit.
- Citi Secured Mastercard: $0 annual fee. $200 minimum deposit required, $2,500 maximum.
- Discover it Secured: $0 annual fee. $200 minimum deposit required, $2,500 maximum. 2% cash back at gas stations and restaurants, up to $1,000 spent each quarter. 1% back on all other purchases. First year's cash back matched.
College students with no credit history should go with a student credit card rather than a secured card. Student cards tend to provide the best terms.