PNC has three credit card rewards programs: PNC Cash Back Rewards, PNC Miles Rewards and PNC Points Rewards. These three PNC rewards programs feature different credit cards, reward currencies, earning rates and redemption options.
PNC Credit Card Rewards Program Overview
|Name||Overall Rating||Type of Rewards||Average Value Per $1 Spent|
|PNC Cash Back Rewards||4/5||Cash Back||1 cent|
|PNC Miles Rewards||4/5||Miles||0.75 cents|
|PNC Points Rewards||4/5||Points||0.23 cents|
Offers information was collected on Feb. 20, 2022, and is likely to have changed since.
Summary: PNC Rewards Program Scores by Review Category
|Rewards Value per $1 Spent||30/30|
|Eligibility & Transparency||20/20|
How to Earn PNC Rewards
Category Rating: 78% (24/30)
The credit cards within each PNC rewards program offer different earning rates, though you will receive at least 4 points per $1 spent, 2 miles per $1 spent or 1% cash back on all purchases.
Earning Rates by Program
- PNC Points Rewards: 4 points per $1
- PNC Miles Rewards: 2 miles per $1
- PNC Cash Back Rewards: 1 - 4% cash back
The PNC credit card rewards programs may place restrictions on the rewards you can earn. For example, the PNC cash program puts limits on the amount of bonus rewards you can earn in a year. All three programs only feature one credit card, too.
It’s also worth noting that there may be restrictions on how long you can keep your rewards. PNC points expire 48 months after they appear in your account, though rewards in the other two programs don’t expire as long as your account remains open and in good standing.
You can learn more by checking out WalletHub’s individual reviews of the rewards programs.
How to Redeem PNC Rewards
Category Rating: 37% (7/20)
The best way to redeem PNC rewards is for travel or cash back. PNC Points Rewards gives the most value per point for travel, while PNC Miles Rewards gives equal value per mile for travel and cash back. In addition, PNC Cash Back Rewards only lets you redeem for cash back.
Below, you can find more details about all the redemption options for each program.
With PNC Points Rewards, you can use your points to book new travel through your online account. With PNC Miles Rewards, you can book through your online account or get a statement credit for any travel purchases made in the past 90 days.
PNC Points Rewards allows you to redeem for cash back as a statement credit. PNC Cash Back Rewards and PNC Miles Rewards allow you to get a statement credit or an electronic deposit to a PNC bank account.
With PNC Points Rewards and PNC Miles Rewards, you can redeem your rewards for gift cards for popular merchants, such as Amazon, Best Buy, Home Depot, Airbnb and Uber.
PNC Points Rewards lets you spend your points on various types of merchandise, such as AirPods and Apple Watches.
Noteworthy Redemption Features & Restrictions:
- No transfer partners: The PNC Cash Back Rewards, Miles Rewards and Points Rewards programs do not allow you to transfer your rewards to any hotel or airline loyalty programs. Many other top rewards programs do offer this feature.
- Minimum redemption amount: PNC Miles Rewards has a minimum redemption amount for certain options. You must use a minimum of 5,000 miles when redeeming for travel and a minimum of 1,000 miles when redeeming for a monetary credit or deposit.
- Options limited by program: PNC Cash Back Rewards only allows you to redeem for cash back, and PNC Points Rewards is the only program that includes a merchandise redemption option.
You can learn more about PNC’s rewards program restrictions, and see a full list of the different ways to redeem, by checking out WalletHub’s individual reviews of the rewards programs.
PNC Rewards Value
Category Rating: 100% (30/30)
- PNC Points Rewards: 0.23 cents per point
- PNC Miles Rewards: 0.75 cents per mile
- PNC Cash Back Rewards: $1 in rewards = $1 USD cash back
|Redemption Option||Programs That Offer||Average Rewards Value|
|Cash Back||PNC Cash Back Rewards
PNC Miles Rewards
PNC Points Rewards
|Cash Back Rewards: $1 in rewards = $1 cash back
Miles Rewards: 1 cent per mile
Points Rewards: 0.2 cents per point**
|Travel||PNC Points Rewards
PNC Miles Rewards
|Points Rewards: 0.29 - 0.4 cents per point*
Miles Rewards: 1 cent per mile
|Gift Cards||PNC Points Rewards||Points Rewards: 0.21 - 0.24 cents per point*|
|Merchandise||PNC Points Rewards||Points Rewards: 0.16 - 0.21 cents per point*|
*Varies by type of product
**According to multiple third-party sources
Overall, the PNC Cash Back Rewards program offers the most rewards value per dollar spent. However, the best rewards program for you depends on your individual spending habits and what you want to redeem your rewards for.
PNC Rewards Eligibility & Transparency
Category Rating: 100% (20/20)
Each PNC credit card rewards program currently has one participating card. Below, you can see your options.
Participating Cards by PNC Rewards Program
- PNC Points Rewards: PNC Points Visa® Credit Card
- PNC Miles Rewards: PNC Premier Traveler® Visa Signature Credit Card
- PNC Cash Back Rewards: PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card
There are a few other key things that you should know about each of the PNC credit card rewards programs. You can find highlights below. For the full details, check out WalletHub’s individual reviews of the programs.
Key Things to Know About PNC Points Rewards
- Your points expire 48 months after you earn them.
- A higher-than-average earning rate balances out low point values.
- PNC banking customers get bonus rewards.
Key Things to Know About PNC Miles Rewards
- Your miles never expire as long as the account stays open and in good standing.
- Redemption values are the same for travel and cash back.
- You must redeem a minimum of 5,000 miles when redeeming for travel.
- You must redeem a minimum of 1,000 miles when redeeming for a monetary credit or deposit.
Key Things to Know About PNC Cash Back Rewards
- Your cash back never expires as long as the account stays open and in good standing.
- You can only redeem your rewards for cash back.
- There are bonus rewards in some popular spending categories.
PNC Rewards Programs vs. Other Popular Options
|Rewards Program||Overall Score|
|PNC Miles Rewards||81/100|
|PNC Points Rewards||82/100|
|PNC Cash Back Rewards||80/100|
|Capital One Cash Back Rewards||93/100|
|Capital One Points Rewards||89/100|
|Discover Miles Rewards||89/100|
|Chase Ultimate Rewards||86/100|
|Citi ThankYou Rewards||85/100|
|Amex Blue Cash Reward Dollars||81/100|
Summary: PNC Rewards Program Ratings by Category
|Name||Overall Rating||Earning Policies Rating||Redemption Policies Rating||Rewards Value Per $1 Spent Rating||Eligibility & Transparency Rating|
|PNC Miles Rewards||81/100||26/30||5/20||30/30||20/20|
|PNC Points Rewards||82/100||24/30||8/20||30/30||20/20|
|PNC Cash Back Rewards||80/100||21/30||9/20||30/30||20/20|
This review of the PNC credit card rewards programs is a compilation of data from WalletHub’s individual reviews of each program. These individual reviews are based on the same methodology as WalletHub’s annual study on the Best Credit Card Rewards Programs.