Bogdan Roberts, Credit Cards Moderator
Capital One Quicksilver travel insurance provides worldwide travel accident insurance, trip cancellation/interruption, and lost/damaged luggage reimbursement. In addition, this card also offers rental car insurance. To be eligible for these benefits, you need to pay for your travel with the Capital One Quicksilver card. For Capital One products listed on this page, some of the above benefits are provided by Visa® or Mastercard® and may vary by product. See the respective Guide to Benefits for details, as terms and exclusions apply.
Types of Capital One Quicksilver Travel Insurance Benefits
- Travel Accident Insurance. Covers cardholders along with their spouse and any unmarried children up to a certain amount in the event of death and several qualifying permanent injuries. Travel fare(s) must be booked with an eligible Capital One Quicksilver card.
- Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance. Trips cancelled or interrupted for qualifying reasons (such as death, accidental injuries, and non-pre-existing illnesses) are covered up to a certain amount. This benefit is available for Capital One Quicksilver cards issued on the Mastercard network.
- Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Luggage Reimbursement. You get reimbursements for your lost, stolen, or damaged luggage and its qualifying contents, up to a specified amount. You must charge the cost of your trip to your eligible Capital One Quicksilver to be covered by this benefit. Coverage is secondary to any other existing insurance.
- Baggage Delay Reimbursement. You get reimbursed up to $100 per day, for three days, when your bags are delayed for more than four hours at a destination other than your primary residence. Coverage includes the purchase eligible essential items such as tickets, documents, contact lenses, eyeglasses, prosthetics, and more. Benefit available for Capital One Quicksilver cards issued on the Mastercard network.
- Auto Rental Insurance. You get coverage up to the market value of the eligible renal vehicle for damages incurred through collision or theft. Just make sure you charge all rental costs to your Capital One Quicksilver and decline the car rental agency’s insurance coverage. The coverage is secondary to your own insurance policy.
Filing most Capital One Quicksilver travel insurance claims requires notifying the Benefit Administrator within 20 days of the loss in order to get a claim form. You’ll have 60 to 90 days from the date of the incident to return the form and supplemental documents. The number to call and timeline depend on the benefit and the type of card you have.
How to Check Your Capital One Quicksilver Travel Insurance Benefits
For specific information on your Capital One Quicksilver travel insurance, just log in to your online account, select your card and click "Read about Card benefits" under the "I Want To" menu. Then match the card type to the one listed on your statement.
Note that the Capital One travel insurance is provided through the card network. So, depending on your type of card, you can call Visa at (800) 825-4062 or Mastercard at (888) 531-4227 for more information.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
People also ask
Did we answer your question?