Maria Adams, Credit Cards Moderator
You will get a PIN for your Citi credit card once you are approved. When you receive and activate your new Citi card, you will receive a PIN by mail in about 7 to 14 business days. If you can’t remember your current PIN or simply want to change it, either log in to your online account or call customer service at (800) 950-5114.
What you should know about your Citi credit card PIN:
- You will receive a letter in the mail after approval, which will include your four-digit PIN, or Personal Identification Number.
- With a PIN, you can use your Citi credit card to withdraw cash from any ATM 24 hours a day. You may also need it if you’re using a “Chip” card that requires a PIN (rather than a signature) in order to complete a transaction.
- Your PIN is secure, and no one else can access it, as long as you keep the number in a secure place. You should never write your PIN on your Citi card.
- With your mailing, you’ll have the option to customize your PIN to a number that may be easier for you to remember. To do so, call the number included in your mailing, and be sure to have your current PIN handy.
- You should also call from the phone number associated with your account. Just follow the voice prompts, key in a new four-digit PIN and confirm the transaction.
If you think your PIN has been compromised, you have the ability to change it. You can make the request to change or even cancel a PIN either online or by phone.
Here’s how you can change or cancel a PIN for your Citi credit card:
- Log in to your Citi Online account. Under Services, select Credit Card Services.
- Under the Card Management menu, click Request/Cancel Credit Card PIN. You will be given three options:
Change an existing PIN. You will need to call (800) 950-5114 and follow the prompts to change the PIN.
Send me a new pre-assigned PIN. A new PIN will be sent to your billing address, usually within 7 to 14 business days.
Please cancel my PIN and do not replace it. Your PIN will be de-activated and will no longer be valid. To restore a PIN in the future, you will have to repeat this process.
- Click Submit to confirm the change.
Withdrawing cash with a credit card is known as a cash advance. This type of transactions are expensive and should be avoided, unless it’s absolutely necessary. Citi charges a 5% (min $10) cash advance fee on all cash advances, and that’s on top of any fees you may incur from the bank or ATM where you withdrew the cash.
In addition, cash advances are charged a separate and higher interest rate than the regular APR. Interest accrues on a cash advance the day the transaction occurs. Grace periods do not apply to cash advances, which means you’ll have to pay the cash advance balance, and any interest in order to avoid another round of interest charges on top of the balance the following month.
2023's Best Citi Credit CardsCompare Cards
People also ask
Did we answer your question?