Maria Adams, Credit Cards Moderator
You can upgrade your Capital One Venture card to the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card by calling customer service at the number you see on the back of your card. The Capital One Venture upgrade is possible as long as you’ve had this card for at least 6 months, and your odds will be higher if your credit score and income have gone up since you applied. It is also possible to receive an upgrade offer from Capital One without asking.
Capital One Venture Upgrade to Capital One Venture X: What You Should Know
- Your Capital One Venture account should be open for at least 6 months before requesting an upgrade.
- A history of on-time payments and low credit utilization increases your chances of getting an upgrade.
- If you upgrade to a Capital One Venture X card, the charge for the card’s $395 annual fee will appear on the new card’s first monthly statement.
- You will not be eligible for any initial bonuses or introductory 0% APR offers associated with the Capital One Venture X card, unless they’re included as part of the upgrade offer.
- The Capital One Venture card upgrades do not require a hard inquiry on your credit report, so there’s no effect on your credit score.
A Capital One Venture card upgrade typically takes just a few minutes. If you are approved, you should receive your card within 7-10 business days from the approval date. Your card number won’t change, but you will receive a new card with an updated expiration date and security code.
You can use your old card until the new one arrives, and it will have all the benefits of the new card as soon as the upgrade is complete. Your current credit limit and APR will carry over to the new card, as will any unredeemed rewards, unless stated differently in the upgrade terms.
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
The X is in a different league from the other Venture cards. You can check to see what upgrades you qualify for on your account page, and customer service won’t tell you anything different. CapitalOne in general is stingy about upgrades to more desirable cards, and that has caused me to look at other banks.
People also ask
Did we answer your question?