Bogdan Roberts, Credit Cards Moderator
To get a Capital One Platinum Secured card security deposit refund, you will need to close your account and pay your balance in full. Alternatively, you can earn it back as statement credit by using your card responsibly and graduating to an unsecured card.
What you should know about the Capital One Platinum Secured deposit refunds:
- Capital One Platinum Secured deposit refunds are sent to you as checks in approximately two billing cycles.
- If you have an unpaid balance or owe any fees, Capital One will deduct the amount owed from your deposit refund.
- Capital One may also refund a secured card deposit if the card graduates to an unsecured card.
- Capital One periodically reviews accounts and upgrades select Capital One Platinum Secured accounts to unsecured Capital One Platinum Credit Card accounts.
- In case of credit card graduation, your deposit refund will be credited directly to the unsecured card account within two billing cycles.
Keep in mind that if your Capital One Platinum Secured account is eligible for graduation, you will be notified by either email or regular mail.
Capital One Platinum Secured Credit Card
Erin Jarboe, Member
Capital One may increase your Capital One Platinum Secured credit limit after you make several consecutive payments on time. If you continue to pay on time and keep your account in good standing, Capital One may also refund your deposit and automatically upgrade you to an unsecured card. The deposit is refunded to you in the form of a credit on your account though.
My wife has had card for almost 2 years....never missed a payment...they keep sending offers for quicksilver...but won't refund the secured card...
People also ask
Did we answer your question?