Progressive has 13 discounts in three main categories: loyalty-based, driver-based, and quote or payment-based. Most Progressive discounts save customers around 5% to 10%, but some discounts are even more valuable or can be combined for more savings. This is one reason why Progressive is so cheap.
Progressive’s loyalty discounts are for customers who purchase more than one policy, like insuring multiple cars or buying both home and auto coverage. Certain demographics, like students and homeowners, can qualify for various driver-based discounts. But almost anyone can get one of Progressive’s many quote or payment-based discounts, which include lower rates for getting an online quote, going paperless, paying in full, and more.
Below, you can learn a bit more about each of Progressive’s current discounts.
Progressive Loyalty Discounts
- Multi-Policy Discount: Save an average of 5% when you get two or more Progressive policies, such as home and auto.
- Multi-Car Discount: Save an average of 4% for listing more than one car on your policy.
- Continuous Insurance Discount: Get a discount based on how long you’ve been insured—by any company—with no gaps in coverage.
Progressive Driver Discounts
- Snapshot Discount: Save an average of $145 when renewing your policy after driving safely while monitored by Progressive’s telematics
- Teen Driver Discount: Get a discount just for adding a driver who is 18 years old or younger to your policy.
- Good Student Discount: Save an average of 10% when full-time students 23 years old and younger maintain a B average or better.
- Distant Student Discount: Save when a full-time student lives more than 100 miles from home and leaves their car back home.
- Homeowner Discount: Save up to 10% for owning a home, whether your home insurance is with Progressive or not.
Progressive Discounts for How You Quote and Buy
- Online Quote: Save an average of 7% for getting a quote online, even if a representative finalizes your policy.
- Sign Online: Save 9% on average for signing policy documents online.
- Paperless: Save when you agree to get Progressive documents via email. This discount depends on and is in addition to the sign-online discount.
- Pay in Full: Get a discount when you pay in full for your policy upfront.
- Automatic Payment: Save when you set up automatic payments from a checking account. This discount cannot be combined with the pay-in-full discount.
Progressive offers other ways to save in addition to these discounts. The Progressive Name Your Price tool, for example, allows customers to find a range of coverage options within their desired budget. Drivers can also take advantage of Progressive’s optional deductible savings program, which subtracts $50 from your collision or comprehensive deductible for each policy term without an accident or ticket. Progressive has accident forgiveness, too, so your rates won’t necessarily go up after making a claim.