USAA offers 14 for auto insurance customers, including a safe driver discount, a good student discount and a multi-policy discount. USAA does not disclose how much customers can save by taking advantage of discounts, but many companies do advertise comparable discounts of 20-30%.
USAA Discounts for Your Driving History
- Safe driver discount: save if you maintain a good driving record for more than five years.
- Defensive driving: save for taking an approved defensive driving course.
- Driver training: save for taking a driver’s education or driver training course.
- Good student discount: save if you are 16-25 years old, enrolled full-time in high school or college, and maintain at least a "B" average.
- SafePilot discount: save up to 30% by allowing USAA to track your driving habits, including your speed, acceleration, and braking.
USAA Discounts for Your Vehicle
- New vehicle discount: save for insuring a brand-new car.
- Multi-vehicle discount: save for insuring more than one car on the same policy.
- Annual mileage discount: save if you drive less than 12,000 miles annually
- Vehicle storage discount: save if your car is in storage.
USAA Discounts for Your Policy Choices
- Family discount: save if you were previously listed as a named driver on a family member’s USAA policy.
- Length of membership discount: save for being a long-time customer.
- Military installation discount: save on comprehensive insurance if your car is stored on a military base.
- No payment plan fees discount: save for paying your entire premium upfront.
- Multi-policy discount: save for buying multiple types of insurance from USAA.
Discount availability may vary by state, but it’s always worth checking with USAA customer service to see what you can qualify for. You can call USAA at (800) 531-8722 to ask about the discounts applied to your policy.