2023 USAA Personal Loan Review
USAA offers personal loans of $2,500 - $100,000 for 12, 24, 36, or 48, 60, 84 months. That’s more funding than most competing lenders offer, and USAA also has a far lowerthan most competitors, at 17.65%. Their minimum APR of 7.24% isn’t bad, though you can find lower rates elsewhere.
One of the difficult things about USAA is that only members can apply for their personal loans, or any of their other financial products. To be eligible to become a member, you must be an active or former member of the military. Or, you need to have a family member who has served or is a USAA member.
USAA Personal Loan Review Highlights:
- APR: 7.24% - 17.65%
- Origination fee: None
- Loan amounts: $2,500 - $100,000
- Payoff periods: 12, 24, 36, or 48, 60, 84 months
- Funding timeline: As soon as 24 hours after approval
- Loan requirements: USAA membership; 18+ years old; U.S. citizen, permanent resident or immigration-visa holder; SSN
- Customer satisfaction: USAA is not rated by the BBB due to government actions against them. It has an average user rating of 3.6/5 on WalletHub.
- Pre-qualification: Not available
- Joint applications: Accepted
In all, USAA may not be available to everyone, but they offer inexpensive loans to their members, and will even consider customers with bad credit. Below, you can see how WalletHub rates USAA in our three key categories: Terms, Requirements & Application, and Reviews & Transparency.
USAA Ratings by Category:
|Requirements & Application||3.3/5|
|Reviews & Transparency||3.3/5|
These scores reflect how close a loan offer is to WalletHub’s definition of a 5-star loan. For more information, please read WalletHub’s full methodology.