Blue Cash Preferred
This review is not provided, commissioned or endorsed by any issuer. Opinions and ratings are our own.
EDITOR'S OVERVIEWThe Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express is the winner over the American Express® Gold Card. Not only is Blue Cash Preferred a much cheaper card to own, but it also provides customers with significantly more value on everyday purchases.
Blue Cash Preferred offers a high earning rate on select purchases, along with an opportunity for short-term interest-free financing. On the other hand, the Amex Gold card is a good choice for frequent travelers who want to earn valuable annual statement credits and will spend enough every year to cover the card’s high price tag with rewards earnings.
Amex Gold card vs. Blue Cash Preferred: Key Characteristics
Amex Gold card vs. Blue Cash Preferred: Purchases
Amex Gold card vs. Blue Cash Preferred: Rewards
Amex Gold card vs. Blue Cash Preferred: Fees / APRs
Amex Gold card vs. Blue Cash Preferred: Membership Fees
Still not sure?
20.24% - 27.24% (V)
0% for 15 months
0% for 15 months|Transfer Fee: 3% (min $5)
18.24% - 29.24% (V)
1 - 3% Cash Back
Questions & Answers
- Most Popular
- Most Upvotes
- Amex EveryDay Preferred vs. Blue Cash Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Amex Blue Cash Preferred
- American Express Blue Cash Preferred vs. Capital One Quicksilver
- Amex Blue Cash Preferred vs. Chase Freedom Flex
- Amex Cash Magnet vs. Blue Cash Preferred
- American Express Blue Cash Everyday vs. Preferred