The Chase Sapphire Reserve Priority Pass membership gives cardholders and authorized users free memberships in the airport lounge program Priority Pass Select. Each cardholder and up to two guests get unlimited free access to over 1,300 airport lounges worldwide as a result. Additional guests cost $32 per visit.
Priority Pass Select airport lounges offer free Wi-Fi, snacks and beverages. There's also comfortable seating and other amenities that vary by lounge. The Chase Sapphire Reserve Priority Pass benefit is a $429 annual value. That's what it would cost to buy a membership with unlimited free visits normally.
This special benefit is only available on Chase Sapphire Reserve. You don't get it on Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card or the discontinued original Chase Sapphire® Card. Keep in mind that the $429 value helps offset Chase Sapphire Reserve's $550 annual fee.
In order to redeem your free Chase Sapphire Reserve Priority Pass membership and start enjoying the lounge benefits, you need to do a one-time “activation” to have your Priority Pass card sent to you. Don't worry, this won't cost you any money and it's very easy to do.
How to activate Chase Sapphire Reserve Priority Pass:
- Log in to your Chase online account.
- Click on the tab that says “Chase Ultimate Rewards.”
- Click on “Card Benefits.”
- Find “Airport Lounge Access” and click “Activate Now” at the bottom.
Follow those steps, and you'll get membership cards for you and any authorized users on your Chase Sapphire Reserve account within 2-3 weeks by mail. Once you have your Chase Sapphire Reserve Priority Pass membership card, you'll need to show it and a same-day boarding pass to get into a Priority Pass lounge.
You may also be able to bring guests traveling with you. There's no limit set by Priority Pass, but individual lounges have the right to make their own rules. Authorized users have their own memberships and aren't considered guests. Keep in mind that only two of your guests are free – the rest cost $32 each.
Your Chase Sapphire Reserve Priority Pass membership gives you access to a widespread network. There are Priority Pass lounges all over the world, including at the most popular domestic and international airports.
Here are some popular Chase Sapphire Reserve Priority Pass lounges:
- Chicago IL O'Hare International Airport: Swissport LoungeOffers refreshments, TV, magazines and Wi-Fi. They may limit guests based on space constraints.
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport: The Club at DFWYou have access to refreshments, alcohol, TV, Wi-Fi, fax and showers. There are no stated guest restrictions.
- Beijing Capital International Airport: Air China First & Business Class LoungeOffers refreshments, alcohol, internet access, TV, newspapers and telephones. They may limit guests based on space constraints.
- Dubai International Airport: Marhaba LoungeAmenities include refreshments, alcohol, TV, magazines, Wi-Fi and flight information, telephone, fax, and shower. There are no stated guest restrictions.
So, as you can see, the Chase Sapphire Reserve Priority Pass benefit gives you a wide range of comforts all over the world. If you take full advantage of this perk, that's an extra $429 in value you get out of your card every year.