Allstate offers 12 car insurance discounts that fall under four main categories: driving history, car safety, loyalty, and payment. Allstate doesn’t disclose exact discount amounts publicly, but you can check with the customer service department or your Allstate agent to see exactly how much you could save.
Almost anyone who buys an Allstate car insurance policy will be eligible for some kind of discount. Safe drivers and people who consistently pay their entire Allstate bill on time via automatic withdrawal are especially likely to save big. You can learn more about the different Allstate car insurance discounts below.
List of Allstate Discounts
- Allstate eSmart discount. Save for going paperless and receiving all your documents online.
- Anti-lock brakes discount. Save if your car has anti-lock brakes.
- Anti-theft device discount. Save if your car has an anti-theft device.
- Early signing discount. Save if you purchase your policy at least a week before its start date.
- EZ pay plan discount. Save when you pay your premium via automatic withdrawal.
- FullPay discount. Save when you pay for your entire policy at once.
- Multi-policy discount. Save when you bundle auto insurance with a home, life, or renters policy.
- New car discount. Save if you are the first owner of a car from this year or last year.
- Passive restraint discount. Save if your car is equipped with a passive-restraint system such as automatic seatbelts.
- Responsible payer discount. Save if you did not receive a cancellation notice due to non-payment during the last 12 months.
- Safe driving club. Earn a safe driving bonus every six months you drive without accidents, plus get $100 off your collision deductible for each year without accidents (up to $500 total).
- Smart student discount. As long as you’re under 25 years old and unmarried, you can save if you attend school 100+ miles away from the car, successfully complete the teenSMART program, or maintain a GPA of at least 2.7 (B- average).
Allstate offers other ways to save in addition to these discounts. For instance, customers can choose Allstate Milewise, a pay-per-mile program that calculates your price based on a daily rate plus a small charge per mile driven. This program can save low mileage drivers an average of 72% annually.
Similarly, if you sign up for Allstate Drivewise, your Allstate smartphone app will monitor your driving and provide safe driving discounts accordingly. And it’s always worth checking with Allstate to make sure you’re getting every discount that you qualify for.