Farmers offers 23 discounts for auto insurance customers, including a safe driver discount, a good student discount and a multi-line discount. Farmers does not disclose how much customers can save by taking advantage of discounts, but many companies do advertise comparable discounts of 20-30%.
Farmers Discounts List
- Multiline discount: save for buying multiple types of insurance from Farmers.
- Multicar discount: save for insuring more than one car on the same policy.
- Signal discount: save up to 30% by allowing Farmers to track your driving habits, including distracted driving, braking, and speed.
- Affinity discount: save for being a member of a partner organization or an employee of a partner company.
- ePolicy discount: save for receiving all of your bills and statements online.
- Good payer discount: save if you have not been charged any late payment fees within the past 12 months.
- Safe driver discount: save if you or another named driver maintain a clean driving record
- Distant student discount: save if a driver on your policy attends school 100+ miles away from where the car is parked.
- Youthful driver discount: save if a named driver qualifies, though eligibility may vary by state.
- Good student discount: save if you are 16-24 years old, enrolled full-time in high school or college, and maintain at least a "B" average
- Shared family car discount: save if there is an unmarried driver younger than 20 on the policy and there are more active drivers than vehicles.
- On your own discount: save if you were previously listed as a named driver on a family member’s Farmers policy.
- Defensive driving discount: save for taking an approved defensive driving course.
- Homeowner discount: save if you own your home instead of renting.
- Alternative fuel discount: save if your vehicle is a hybrid or electric.
- EFT discount: save if you set up auto-pay for your premium.
- Pay in full discount: save for paying your entire premium upfront.
- Antilock brakes discount: save if your car has factory-installed antilock brakes.
- Anti-theft discount: save for having an anti-theft device like LoJack.
- Passive restraint discount: save for having factory-installed passive restraint devices like motorized seatbelts.
- Homing device discount: save if your car has an approved tracking and location system.
- VIN etching discount: save if your car has its vehicle identification number (VIN) etched on the windshield or another approved location.
- Daytime running lights discount: save if a covered vehicle has headlights that stay on at all times.
Discount availability may vary by state, but it’s always worth checking with Farmers customer service to see what you can qualify for. You can call Farmers at 1 (888) 327-6335 to ask about the discounts applied to your policy.