- Elite-level members receive bonus points on bookings
- Locations in many countries
- Solid co-branded credit cards
- No blackout dates on standard rooms
- Low point values compared to top competition
- Points expire after 24 months of account inactivity
- Many nights required to get to higher status levels
Radisson Rewards Americas is the 1st best hotel rewards program, according to WalletHub research. Some of the best features of the Radisson Rewards Americas program include bonus points for elite-level members, lots of redemption options and the ability to earn extra points with many car rental agencies.
Radisson Rewards Americas Scorecard
#1 for Earning Policies
#3 for Rewards Value
#2 for Redemption Policies
#7 for Geographical Coverage
#1 for Other Features
|Points Needed for a Free Night:||Min: 9,000 |
|Average Point Value:||1 point = 0.53 cents |
1,000 points = $5.3
|Transfer Partners:||37, including: |
Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, United Airlines and more
It’s also useful to note that Radisson Rewards Americas has only gone by that name since 2018. Prior to that, it was known as Club Carlson. That name came from the founder of the hotel chain, which was originally known as the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group.
Below, you can learn everything else you need to know about Radisson Rewards Americas, from its benefits and status levels to its point values and redemption options. We’ll also compare it to some popular competitors.
Radisson Rewards Americas Earning Policies
Category Rating: 8/15
Radisson Rewards Americas members can earn points on purchases made through Radisson and affiliated brands. The following list details the types of purchases that earn rewards, as well as the number of points you can earn.
- 20 Radisson Rewards Points per $1 Spent: Stays at Radisson properties
- 1-10 Radisson Rewards Points per $1 Spent: Purchases on a Radisson credit card
- 10 Radisson Rewards Points per $1 Spent: Eligible business events at Radisson properties
- 1,500 Radisson Rewards Points: Purchases from Florists’ Transworld Delivery (FTD)
- 300-1,800 Radisson Rewards Points: Car rentals through Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, National and Sixt
In addition, you may be able to get special deals from time to time on the websites of hotels in the Radisson portfolio. Such deals can allow you to earn more rewards points than usual when making bookings, or redeem fewer points than usual for free nights.
Category Rating: 21/25
Radisson Rewards Americas points are worth 0.53 cents each on average, according to WalletHub’s research. The average Radisson Rewards Americas point value is almost the same for both weekday and weekend reservations.
Radisson Rewards Americas Redemption Policies
Category Rating: 23/25
|Redemption Method||More Info|
|Award Nights||Nights at Radisson properties starting at 9,000 points|
|Transfer points to partners like Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, United Airlines and more|
Retail Gift Cards
|Get gift cards from partnered retailers|
|Use points for a prepaid Visa or Mastercard gift card|
|Use points to pay the application fee|
|Use points to pay the membership fee|
|Get in-hotel benefits like movies, dinner, laundry service and more|
|Donate points to organizations like SOS Children’s Villages, American Red Cross and First Climate|
Radisson Rewards Americas' Other Features
Category Rating: 16/20
The Radisson Rewards Americas program is free to join, and most people will join as a basic member, or “Club” member. Radisson Rewards Club membership benefits include special reservation rates, a 5% discount on food and beverages at participating hotels, and two complimentary bottles of water per stay.
The more nights you stay at Radisson hotels and resorts, and the more money you spend with a Radisson credit card, the higher your status level will go. And the higher your status level goes, the better your benefits will become.
Below, you can see exactly how many nights you need to stay to achieve and maintain each Radisson Rewards Americas status level, along with the benefits that come with it.
|Radisson Rewards Americas Levels||Nights Needed per Year||Points Bonus||Other Notable Perks|
|Club||None||None||Member-only rate |
5% discount on food and beverages at participating hotels
Two complimentary bottles of water
Both paid and free nights count toward Elite status
|Silver||9||10%||Club benefits |
10% discount on food and beverages at participating hotels
Rollover nights – if you don’t stay enough nights to earn the next status level, you can “roll them over” to the next year
Complimentary room upgrade, when available
Early check-in and late check-out
|Gold||30||25%||Silver benefits |
15% discount on food and beverages at participating hotels
In-room welcome gift
Guaranteed room availability 72 hours in advance
|Platinum||60||75%||Gold benefits |
20% discount on food and beverages at participating hotels
Guaranteed room availability 48 hours in advance
Platinum Member Services line
Members must satisfy a given status level’s qualifying requirements between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31 to reach or maintain that status level and enjoy the corresponding benefits. Radisson’s website says that once you earn Elite Status, you keep it for the rest of the calendar year and the following “Program year” (March 1 to February 28/29).
Radisson Rewards Americas Geographical Coverage
Category Rating: 5/15
Radisson Rewards Americas includes more than 220,000 rooms across more than 1,200 properties in around 100 countries and territories. It also features nearly 10 different hotel brands, including Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inn & Suites – just to mention a few. This gives travelers with different budget levels some choices, but not as many as Radisson’s biggest competitors.
Summary: Radisson Rewards Americas Scores by Review Category
Radisson Rewards Americas Credit Cards
Opinions and ratings are our own. This content is not provided, commissioned or endorsed by any issuer. Some offers are from WalletHub partners.
Both Radisson credit cards are currently no longer be available to new applicants.
Radisson Credit Card Offers Compared:
|Radisson Credit Card||Annual Fee||Initial Bonus|
|Radisson Credit Card||$0||30,000 points|
|Radisson Premier Visa Signature® Credit Card||$75||85,000 points|
7 Tips for Radisson Rewards Americas Members
- The best way to redeem Radisson Rewards points is for Radisson stays. Points are worth 0.53 cents apiece that way.
- Pool or transfer points if it makes sense. Radisson allows members to pool their points together for easier redemption. This is especially helpful for family members with individual Radisson Rewards memberships who often travel together.
- Take advantage of status perks. The assorted small perks with which members are rewarded for their financial loyalty can be a big selling point for hotel rewards programs, but they are often forgotten by users as time goes by.
- Consider applying for a Radisson credit card. The best Radisson credit card could save the average person roughly $3,500 over the first two years of use, according to WalletHub’s calculations.
- Try the Island Approach with your credit cards. Radisson Credit Cards offer competitive earnings on hotel reservations (within the Radisson family). On other purchases, you’ll actually get less value, though. That’s why you should put an everyday rewards card into your wallet as well. Doing so rounds out your rewards arsenal, making it so you get your money’s worth on every transaction.
- Make sure to read Radisson reviews & Radisson Rewards FAQs. Learning from experts and fellow travelers will help you pick up some helpful tips as well as avoid tricks and pitfalls.
- Compare your hotel options if you’re not wedded to Radisson. Radisson is not the only worldwide hotel chain with a rewarding loyalty program. You can see how Radisson Rewards compares to a couple of popular alternatives below. You can also check out WalletHub’s rankings of the Best Hotel Rewards Programs to learn more.
|Category||Radisson Rewards Americas||Wyndham Rewards||Choice Privileges|
|Average Point Value||0.53 cents||1.07 cents||0.94 cents|
|Countries/Territories with a Property||101||90||41|
|Point Expiration||After 24 months of inactivity||After 18 months of inactivity||After 18 months of inactivity|
|Credit Card to Consider||Radisson Credit Card||Wyndham Credit Card with No Annual Fee||Choice Credit Card|
Radisson Rewards Americas Review Methodology
Overall program rankings are based on the same methodology as WalletHub’s annual study on the Best Hotel Rewards Programs. Editor’s ratings reflect the sum of each rewards program’s scores across the study’s 5 major categories – earning policies, redemption policies, rewards value, geographical coverage and other features – adjusted to a 5-point scale and to create a representative distribution of ratings.
WalletHub calculated Radisson Rewards point values by comparing room rates in 10 popular travel destinations – 5 domestic and 5 international – to the number of points needed to book a rewards night. We did this for all Radisson-owned hotel locations within 15 miles of the city center in each destination, applying the process to weekend and weekday dates in each destination’s high and shoulder tourist seasons.