2022 Barclays Personal Loan Review
Barclays personal loans are available only to people who are invited to apply, at least for right now. People who are invited will have the opportunity to get an excellent loan, however, as Barclays offers inexpensive APRs ranging from 4.99% - 20.99%. On top of that, the origination fee is $0 and the late fee is $0.
Overall, Barclays personal loans are an attractive option for people with good or excellent credit. It is a bit harder to qualify for a loan from Barclays than it is to qualify for loans from most competing lenders. You’ll reportedly need a credit score of at least 700, which is at least 40 points higher than what a lot of other lenders require.
Barclays Personal Loan Review Highlights:
- Availability: Invitation only
- APRs: 4.99% - 20.99%
- Origination fee: $0
- Late fee: $0
- Funding time: 2 to 3 business days
- Loan sizes: $5,000 - $35,000
- Payoff periods: 36 - 60 months
- Requirements: 700 credit score, SSN, U.S. citizen or permanent resident, 18+ years old.
- Reputation: Barclays receives an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and the company has an average user rating of 3.7/5 on WalletHub.
- Co-applicants: Not allowed
If you’re fortunate enough to get an invite to apply for a Barclays personal loan, this competitive option is worth considering. Below, you can see how WalletHub rates Barclays loans in our three key categories: Terms, Requirements & Application, and Reviews & Transparency.
Barclays Ratings by Category:
|Requirements & Application||2.5/5|
|Reviews & Transparency||3.3/5|
These scores reflect how close a loan offer is to WalletHub’s definition of a 5-star loan. For more information, please read WalletHub’s full methodology.