Citi Double Cashvs.
Chase Sapphire Preferred
This review is not provided, commissioned or endorsed by any issuer. Opinions and ratings are our own.
EDITOR'S OVERVIEWCiti® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer and Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card are among the best credit cards in their respective classes. Double Cash is a top-notch cash back rewards card, while Sapphire Preferred is one of the leading travel rewards cards on the market. As such, there are a number of distinct differences between the two cards. And as a result, each is best for a different type of applicant.
- If you’re a high-spending frequent traveler who wants to earn a lot of bonus rewards, pick Chase Sapphire Preferred. It’s also the better option if you’re traveling and making purchases outside the U.S.
- If you want to earn cash back on everyday purchases for years to come, and perhaps save some money with a balance transfer early on, choose the Citi Double Cash Card.
If you’re still undecided, let’s take a closer look at how Citi Double Cash and Chase Sapphire Preferred stack up against one another, category by category. And remember, you shouldn’t apply for both at the same time, but there’s no rule against staggering your applications and ultimately having both Double Cash and Sapphire Preferred in your wallet. The two cards can be pretty complementary, after all.
Citi Double Cash Card vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred: Key Characteristics
Citi Double Cash Card vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
Still not sure?
0% for 15 months
0% for 15 months|Transfer Fee: 5% (min $5)
13.99% - 23.99% (V)
1 - 5% Cash Back
16.99% - 23.99% (V)
Questions & Answers
- Most Popular
- Most Upvotes
- Chase Freedom Unlimited vs. Citi Double Cash
- Capital One Quicksilver vs. Citi Double Cash
- Citi Double Cash vs. Discover it Cash Back
- Citi Simplicity vs. Citi Double Cash
- Wells Fargo Active Cash vs. Citi Double Cash
- Citi Double Cash vs. Bank of America Cash Rewards
- Chase Sapphire Reserve vs. Citi Double Cash
- Citi Double Cash vs. Amex Blue Cash Everyday
- Citi Diamond Preferred vs. Citi Double Cash
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Capital One Venture
- Chase Freedom Flex vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Barclaycard Arrival Plus
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Amex Platinum
- Chase Freedom Unlimited vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Citi Premier vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Wells Fargo Propel vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Bank of America Travel Rewards
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Amex Blue Cash Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Reserve vs. Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Bank of America Cash Rewards