Walmart® Store Card
Excellent, Good, Fair
- Save 10% (up to $25) on purchases when you open your account
- Save 3% on Walmart.com purchases, 2% on Murphy USA and Walmart gas and 1% at Walmart
- ANNUAL FEE None
Walmart® Store Card's Additional Info
- MAX LATE FEE $37
- MAX PENALTY APR None
- GRACE PERIOD 23 days
- ONLINE RESPONSE No
TRANSACTION FEE N/A
- SMART CHIP No
- Receive your free monthly FICO® Score when you enroll in electronic statements online
- $0 Fraud Liability
Don't see what you're looking for? Submit your question about Walmart® Store Card to our community.
- Up to $25 off your first purchase. You’ll get a 10% discount on up to $2,500 in purchases made the day you get approved for the Walmart Store Card. That’s nowhere close to the 20% to 30% initial discount offered by the best store credit cards. But saving up to $25 on purchases that you’d make anyway is better than nothing.
- Best for online shopping. The Walmart Card rewards you most for purchases made on Walmart.com, perhaps as a way to keep customers from using Amazon.com. You’ll get 3% cash back on such purchases, while in-store Walmart purchases yield just 1% back. The average cash rewards card offers 1.02% back on all purchases, according to WalletHub’s latest Credit Card Landscape Report.
Gas purchased at Walmart and Murphy USA stations also scores you 2% cash back. That could certainly come in handy if you live close to such a station. But not every state has them, and the best gas rewards cards offer 5% cash back on all purchases.
- Fairly high APR. Although the Walmart Card’s 23.40% APR is slightly below the 24.30% market average for a store credit card, it’s still not low. In fact, it’s well above the averages for cards that require fair credit (22%), good credit (18.16%) and excellent credit (13.16%), according to WalletHub research. As a result, carrying a balance from month to month isn’t the best idea.
- ‘No annual fee’ is standard. Hardly any store credit cards charge annual fees. So the fact that the Walmart Card is among them isn’t much of a differentiator from other offers you may be considering. But it does save you about $16.78 per year compared to the average credit card overall. And all else being equal, that’s definitely a good thing.
- Fair-credit minimum. Again, the Walmart Store Card is like nearly all other store credit cards in the sense that you can get approved with just fair credit. That’s why store credit cards are such good credit-building tools. If you don’t know where you stand, you can check your latest credit score for free on WalletHub and then track your progress over time with daily updates.
- One application. The Walmart Store Credit Card and the Walmart MasterCard don’t have separate applications, so you can’t target either of them in particular. Rather, you’re first considered for the MasterCard, which people with good or excellent credit are most likely to get. And if you don’t make the grade, you’re then considered for the store-only version.
Share your insights and review the Walmart® Store Card.
WalletHub is an independent comparison service.
We work hard to show you up-to-date product terms, however, this information does not originate from us and thus, we do not guarantee its accuracy. When you click "Apply Now" you will be directed to the offering institution's website. In addition, keep in mind that actual rates and other information may vary for a number of reasons including the applicant's' creditworthiness and differences between an individual's situation and the criteria/assumptions used to generate the information displayed. Before submitting an application, always verify all terms and conditions with the offering institution. Please let us know if you notice any differences.
Ad Disclosure: Offers originating from paying advertisers are noted as “Sponsored” at the top of this page. Advertising may impact how and where offers appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). At WalletHub we try to present a wide array of offers, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products.
Irrespective of whether an offering institution is a paid advertiser, the presence of offer information on WalletHub does not constitute a referral or endorsement of the institution by us or vice versa. Furthermore, offers have not been reviewed or approved by the offering institution. Information is displayed first and foremost to help consumers make better decisions.
Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided, commissioned, reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer. In addition, it is not issuer’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Last updated on: May 12th, 2017 at 13:43
WalletHub is an independent comparison service.
Offer last updated: May 12th, 2017 at 13:43 ET