The Visa Infinite benefits include everything you’ll get with regular Visa or Visa Signature cards, plus a lot more. Most notably, only Visa Infinite cards have travel insurance, purchase protection and return protection. All Visa Infinite cards are eligible for these benefits, although the card’s issuer can choose whether or not to include them. You should take advantage of as many of the perks as possible, since they come free with your card.
Below you’ll see how Visa Infinite benefits compare to other tiers and learn about these benefits and what they can provide for you.
Visa Infinite Benefits Compared to Lower Tiers
Visa Infinite Cards give you even more than regular Visa and Visa Signature cards. Below, you can see how the three tiers stack up.
|Benefit||Visa Infinite||Visa Signature||Visa|
|Rental Car Insurance||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Emergency Card Replacement||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Emergency Cash Disbursement||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|$5,000+ Credit Limit||Yes||Yes||No|
|Warranty Manager Service||Yes||Yes||No|
|Travel & Emergency Assistance||Yes||Yes||No|
Exclusive Visa Infinite Benefits
Some benefits only come standard on Visa Infinite credit cards. A few, like travel insurance, may appear on Visa Signature cards, but whether they do or not is completely up to the issuer. You shouldn’t expect them on any cards other than Visa Infinite.
- Travel accident insurance: Visa may award you up to $500,000 if you or one of your dependents get maimed or killed while in transit. This includes travel by plane, bus, cruise ship and more. Coverage applies when you pay for your ticket with your card.
- Trip cancellation/interruption insurance: You’re entitled to as much as $2,000 for each trip that gets cancelled or stopped early because of something like injury, illness or death (you or a family member). Certain exceptions apply, like pre-existing conditions or surgery that’s purely cosmetic.
- Trip delay insurance: If your trip is delayed at least 6 hours, Visa will give you up to $500 per ticket bought with your card. This only applies to extra expenses caused by the delay, like having to buy an extra meal.
- Lost luggage insurance: If the travel provider loses your bags, you’re entitled to as much as $3,000 per trip through Visa. Visa won’t pay for things like glasses, legal documents, cell phones and more.
- Purchase security: This can give you up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per year. It reimburses you for items you buy with your card that are stolen or damaged within 90 days of purchase. Pre-owned items aren’t covered, along with items that are hard-wired or installed in your house.
- Return protection: Visa may award up to $300 per item and $1,000 per account for new, working items you want to return but are unable to due to store policy. You’ll need to provide proof like your sales receipt and card receipt.
- Global Entry statement credit: $100 statement credit every 4 years for a Global Entry application. Global entry allows you to get through airport security more quickly.
- Discount airfare: $100 discount when you buy 2-5 domestic round-trip coach tickets for the same trip.
Non-Exclusive Visa Infinite Benefits
Visa Infinite cards also share a number of benefits with Visa Traditional and/or Visa Signature cards. Below are some of the most notable.
- Rental car insurance: Available on all Visa cards, this benefit covers you up to the cash value of most cars you rent with your card in the event of physical damage, vandalism or theft. With Visa Infinite cards, you’re also covered for “expensive” vehicles (e.g. Aston Martin, Lamborghini), up to $75,000 in value. You must decline the rental agency’s insurance. Visa limits the types of cars and situations that are covered, so read your benefits guide in detail.
- Roadside dispatch: All Visa cards have this benefit. It’s a 24/7 help line that will send someone to change tires, give you a jump or help with other needs. You must pay for all the services used.
- Emergency card replacement: This benefit comes on all Visa cards. Visa will expedite your new card’s shipping, getting it to you in 24-72 hours, no matter where you are in the world.
- Emergency cash disbursement: This is available on all Visa cards. If you lose your card, Visa will arrange for you to be able to pick up cash at a nearby financial institution.
- Warranty manager service: You get one extra year added to the warranty on items you buy with your card. Items with original warranties of three years or fewer are eligible. Visa Signature cards have this benefit, too.
- Luxury Hotel Collection: When you stay at any hotel in this program, you get VIP status, free breakfast and Wi-Fi. You also get a free upgrade, if available, plus a daily $25 food and beverage credit, one amenity unique to the hotel and more. Visa Signature cards include this perk.
- Car rental privileges: Special discounts and deals when renting from Avis, National or Silvercar. All Visa customers are eligible but Visa infinite cardholders get the best perks.
- Concierge: 24/7 hotline where Visa representatives will help you make purchases. They can find a restaurant reservation, give recommendations, purchase tickets for you when they go on sale and more. Visa Signature cards share this benefit.
- Golf & wine discounts: Deals on golf fees and merchandise when you join Troon Rewards with your Visa Infinite card number. Deals at Sonoma wineries when you pay with your card. Visa Signature and Infinite cards both are eligible but Infinite cards may get better perks.
- Travel & Emergency Assistance: You can get access to a number of different services, like translation, medical referrals, legal referrals and a lost luggage locator, by calling 1-800-992-6029 in the U.S., or 804-673-1675 collect from abroad. Visa Signature cards also have this.
In addition to all these benefits, Visa Infinite cards always come with $0 fraud liability. That means you won’t be liable for any fraudulent transactions made with your card. Visa Infinite cards also give you a credit limit of at least $5,000. This is a trait they share with Visa Signature cards, while regular Visa cards have lower limits.