The best Delta credit card benefits include 20% savings on Delta in-flight purchases, free checked bags and priority boarding. You can also earn an initial bonus of up to 60,000 miles and bonus rewards Delta purchases.
Delta credit cards, also known as SkyMiles cards, are on the American Express network. Network benefits include purchase protection, travel insurance and a free membership to the online rewards store ShopRunner.
Benefits vary depending on the Delta card you use. Refer to Delta's Terms and Conditions page for specific details on card benefits. But first it's good to get to know the basics.
Here are the best Delta credit card benefits:
20% savings on pre-purchased meals and in-flight purchases of food, alcoholic beverages and audio headsets on Delta flights with a SkyMiles card. Savings do not apply to purchases such as in-flight wireless internet access. Additional terms, conditions, and restrictions may apply. Refer to the SkyMiles Credit Cards landing page for more details.
Cardholder eligible for one free checked bag on any Delta flight. Reservation must include the cardholder's SkyMiles number. Also available for up to nine passengers traveling on same reservation. Limited to SkyMiles Gold, Platinum and Reserve cards, both business and personal.
Reservation must be in cardholder's name. Also available for up to nine passengers traveling on same reservation. Limited to business and personal SkyMiles Gold, Platinum and Reserve cards.
Free access to any of Delta's 225 airport lounges worldwide with the SkyMiles Reserve or Reserve business card ($495 value). SkyMiles Gold or Platinum cardholders and up to two guests get discount rate ($39 per person per visit). Access to one club location per date of travel.
All SkyMiles cards give bonus rewards on purchases made directly through Delta, such as ticket purchases (both online and by phone) and upgrades. Also includes in-flight purchases of food and alcoholic beverages on Delta flights. Does not include purchases like in-flight Wi-Fi.Points redeemable for flights, hotels, cruises or other travel-related expenses. Points do not expire as long as the account remains active. Refer your card's terms for the complete list of eligible purchases.
Delta's loyalty program. Limited to SkyMiles Platinum or Reserve cards and business cards. Miles earned based on distance traveled and amount spent. Miles determine Medallion Status (Silver, 25,000 MQMs; Gold, 50,000, MQMs, Platinum 75,000 MQMs, Diamond, 125,000 MQMs).
Statuses earn unlimited complimentary First Class upgrades for cardholder and a companion beginning 24 hours prior to departure (Silver); 72 hours (Gold) and 120 hours (Platinum). Diamond Status receives top priority for Complimentary Upgrades for cardholder and a companion to Delta Comfort+ shortly after ticketing and to First Class beginning 120 hours before departure.
- Lowest Hotel Rates Guarantee
Available on all Delta SkyMiles cards. Book a hotel on amextravel.com. If you find the same room at a lower price online, before taxes and fees, you'll receive a refund for the difference. Claim must be submitted prior to your stay.
Online rewards store with more than 140 merchants including Staples, GNC, and Cole Haan. Cardholders eligible for free annual membership ($79 value). Free two-day shipping, free returns and exclusive deals at participating stores. For a complete list of merchants, check the ShopRunner website.
- Initial Bonus Miles
- Earn bonus miles when you meet minimum spending requirements in your first few months.
- Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card: 10,000 miles for spending $1,000 in the first 6 months
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card: 40,000 miles after spending $2,000 in the first 6 months
- Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card: 50,000 miles and 5,000 Medallion Qualification Miles after spending $3,000 in the first 6 months
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card: 50,000 miles and 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles after spending $5,000 in the first 6 months
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card: 50,000 miles after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months
- Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card: 60,000 miles and 5,000 Medallion Qualification Miles after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card: 60,000 miles and 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months
- Return Protection: Pays up to $300 per item and $1,000 per calendar year for returned items in good, working condition not accepted by the merchant. Covered up to 90 days from date of purchase. Applies to all Delta SkyMiles cards.
- Extended Warranty: Matches original warranty on purchases up to one extra year. Covered up to $10,000 per item and $50,000 per calendar year. Applies to all Delta SkyMiles cards.
- Purchase Protection: Covers eligible purchases against theft and accidental damage for up to 90 days. Covered for $1,000 per incident up to $50,000 per calendar year. Applies to all Delta SkyMiles cards.
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance Hotline: Dispatches emergency services including towing, flat tires or battery charges with some vehicle and road restrictions. All costs associated with emergency roadside services are the responsibility of the cardholder. Applies to all Delta SkyMiles cards.
- Rental Car Insurance: Pays eligible benefits not already paid by any primary insurance. Covers eligible rental vehicles for first 30 days against damage and theft up to a maximum of $50,000 with some restrictions. Applies to all Delta SkyMiles cards.
- Travel Accident Insurance: Covers you and your family for accidental death or dismemberment while traveling on a common carrier (plane, train, boat or bus) up to a maximum $100,000 per person covered. Applies to all Delta SkyMiles cards.
Delta's SkyMiles credit cards offer a wide range of benefits for any traveler who flies its airline. Weigh your travel and spending preferences and decide which rewards and benefits would best work to your advantage. Then choose a card with a package that best suits your needs.