|Credit Card||Best For||Promotion||Annual Fee|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||Overall||100,000 points||$95|
|Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card||Travel Rewards||60,000 miles||$95|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve®||Excellent Credit||60,000 points||$550|
|Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express||Cash Back||Up to $350 statement credit||$0 intro 1st yr, $95 after|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||Good Credit||$200||$0|
|Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card||Business||100,000 points||$95|
All in all, the best credit card promotion depends on what you’re looking for. There are also several credit card promotions that apply to more than just a single card.
Tips for Taking Advantage of Credit Card Promos
You might assume that credit card promotions provide nothing but upside. And that’s true for the most part. But you can get yourself into trouble if you aren’t careful. Hopefully, the following tips will help you avoid the pitfalls and get as much out of your credit cards as possible.
- Check Your Credit Score: Most of the very best credit card promotions require good or excellent credit for approval. You can check your latest credit score for free on WalletHub.
- Watch Out for Retailer Financing Promotions: Retailers that offer 0% financing on their store credit cards typically use something called deferred interest. It means if you slip up, interest will apply at a high rate. And it will apply retroactively, to your original purchase amount, too. So it will be like the 0% teaser rate never existed. That could happen if you pay your bill late one month or don’t repay your full balance by the end of the 0% intro term.
- Don’t Apply Too Often: You might be tempted to apply for every new credit card promotion that catches your eye. But don’t go overboard. Your credit score may take a temporary hit when you apply for a credit card, and the more applications you submit in a short period of time, the worse the damage is.
- Sign Up for Notifications: WalletHub can notify you whenever a great new credit card promotion hits the market. Just enter your email address here.
Best Credit Card Company Promotions
- Double Rewards the First Year: All Discover credit cards currently double the rewards you’ve earned after the first year your account is open.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees: Capital One, Discover and USAA don’t charge foreign transaction fees on any of their credit cards.
- Round-up Rewards: Citibank gives a special treat to people who get its Citi Rewards+® Card: The points you earn on every purchase are rounded up to the next multiple of 10. If you earn 91 points on a purchase, for example, you get 100. If you earn 12, you get 20. This feature scores cardholders around 30% more points, according to WalletHub’s calculations.
- No Credit Check: OpenSky, Applied Bank and Green Dot don’t do a credit check on applicants for their secured cards.
- Special 4% Military APR: USAA takes Servicemember Civil Relief Act benefits a step further, giving cardholders who owe a balance when they begin active-duty military service a 4% APR until that balance is paid off. Military personnel also get a 4% rate on all balances for up to 12 months during deployment or Permanent Change of Station (PCS).
Best Credit Card Promotions Methodology
WalletHub’s editors track 1,500+ credit card offers and update our database whenever offers are added, removed or changed. We consider cards for this Best Credit Card Promotions page when they offer stand-out terms in a popular category, particularly when those uniquely valuable terms are available only for a limited-time. For example, many of the best credit card promotions involve a special introductory offer, such as an initial rewards bonus or a 0% intro APR, which is not part of the card’s core offer and thus not always available.
Given that credit card promotions come in many forms, WalletHub’s editors select a mix of rewards and low interest offers for people of different credit levels.