As you’re preparing your financial tools for college, you might also want to look at credit cards for college students, which can help you build a positive credit history that will help you get the best rates on loans in the future.
- General Consumer
- Business Owner
- College Student
Axos Bank First Checking
- For customers ages 13-17.
- No monthly maintenance fees.
- No overdraft or non-sufficient funds fees.
- Earn 0.10% APY.
- Up to $12 domestic ATM fee reimbursements per month.
Capital One Money Teen Checking
- No monthly service fees or balance requirements
- No BillPay or checks
- Once child turns 18, your teen can choose to open a 360 Checking account and transfer their balance from their MONEY account
- 70,000+ Fee-free Capital One® and Allpoint® ATMs
USAA Bank Youth Spending Checking
- FSB refunds up to $10 per monthly statement cycle in non-USAA ATM surcharge or usage fees for transactions made at non-USAA ATMs.
- The parent on the Youth Spending Account can temporarily increase and decrease daily debit card limits for the child on the account
- Once your child reaches age 13, you'll be able to give them access to the USAA Mobile App
- When your child turns 18, the account will automatically convert to a USAA Classic Checking account
- There's no fee when you use a USAA ATM or one of 100,000 preferred ATMs.
Wells Fargo Everyday Checking
- $0 Monthly service fee for college-age students – when the primary owner of the account is 17-24 years old
- Overdrafts: No fee on items $5 or less; $35 thereafter
- Free access to more than 13,000 Wells Fargo ATMs
Bank of America Advantage SafeBalance Banking
- A smart start for students – no monthly fee for Students under 25
- NO paper checks
- NO overdraft or NSF fees
- Free access to more than 16,000 ATMs nationwide
TD Bank Convenience Student Checking Account
- *New TD Convenience Checking Customers can earn $200 with qualifying direct deposits. Offer valid June 14, 2022 through March 31, 2023
- To receive the $200 Checking bonus, you must:
- 1) Open a new TD Convenience Checking account
- 2) Have your direct deposits totaling $500 or more made into this account within 60 calendar days of the account opening date.
- Best for student or young adult ages 17 through 23
- Upon the primary account holders 24th birthday the account will be subject to the monthly maintenance fee unless the minimum daily balance is maintained
- Free access at thousands of TD ATMs in the U.S. and Canada
1st Source Bank e-Student Checking
- This account is for clients who are students who provide proof of their student status
- No monthly service fees and no monthly minimum balance for clients between the ages of 13 and 24
- Within one week (7days) of the client’s 25th birthday, the e-Student checking account will automatically be converted to a 1st Checking account
- ATM Fee Rebates: 1st Source Bank fee and another bank's up to 3 times (or $15 total) per monthly statement cycle
- One (1) Overdraft fee refund per year
- $3 paper statement fee waived by enrolling in e-statements
Regions Bank LifeGreen Checking Account For Students
- Customers age 25 or younger
- If you have a LifeGreen Checking for Students account and do not meet the age requirement, your account will be converted to the standard LifeGreen Checking account and must meet the normal criteria in order to avoid the Monthly Fee
- One-time refund of the paid overdraft/returned item fee for the first overdraft/returned item occurrence after your account is opened
- Free access to over 1,900 ATMs across Regions' 15-state service area
Chase College Checking
- Get $100 when you open a Chase College Checking account and Complete at least 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening. Offer expires 04/19/2023
- For college students 17-24 years old at account opening with proof of student status.
- No Monthly Service Fee for up to 5 years while in college.
- Access to 16,000 ATMs and 4,700 branches so you’re sure to find one near you.
PNC Virtual Wallet Student
- As an active student with Virtual Wallet Student, you’ll have no minimum balance requirement or monthly service charge for 6 years from the date of account opening.
- At the end of the 6 year period, this account will convert to a Virtual Wallet and will be subject to applicable service charges/fees.
- Reimbursement of the fee for the first 2 domestic or international non-PNC Bank ATM transactions.
- One automatic courtesy refund of any Overdraft Item or Returned Item fees associated with the first overdraft event.
- One incoming domestic or international wire transfer per statement period at no charge.
- As a PNC customer, you can access your money fee-free at nearly 18,000 ATMs across the country.