2023 Citibank Personal Loan Review
Citibank personal loans are a good option for people with good or excellent credit. They offer competitive APRs, at 8.99% - 23.99%, and up to $30,000 in funding. These loans are only available to people with an existing Citibank account (checking, savings, money market or CD). In addition, personal loans from Citi are a bit harder to get than average, as the minimum credit score required is reportedly 680, compared to 660 for many competing lenders.
Citibank has a bit of a stained reputation, with an F rating from the BBB and over 560 complaints about their personal loans with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. You should take time to look through some user reviews and weigh them against Citi’s good personal loan terms before applying.
Citibank Personal Loan Review Highlights:
- Citibank personal loan rates: 8.99% - 23.99%
- Origination fee: $0
- Late fee: $25
- Loan sizes: $2,000 - $30,000
- Repayment periods: 12, 24, 36, 48 or 60 months
- Credit score requirement: 680, reportedly
- Minimum income requirement: $10,500
- Other requirements: Have a SSN, ITIN or passport and be at least 18 years old. Be either a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, and have an open Citi bank account for at least 3 months.
- Reputation: Citibank has an F rating from the BBB, and over 500 complaints filed against their loans with the CFPB. It has an average user rating of 3.7/5 on WalletHub.
- Funding timeline: 2-5 business days after approval, depending on how the money is sent
- Joint applications: Not allowed
Below, you can see how WalletHub rates Citibank in our three major personal loan review categories: Terms, Requirements & Application, and Reviews & Transparency.
Citibank Ratings by Category:
|Requirements & Application||3.3/5|
|Reviews & Transparency||1.5/5|
These scores reflect how close a loan offer is to WalletHub’s definition of a 5-star loan. For more information, please read WalletHub’s full methodology.